Monday, February 1, 2010

How...

How can you love me when you know what I've done?
How can you love me when you know what I've thought?
How can you love me when you know the adultery of my heart,
How it runs so often away?

How I find nearly anything more important than my everything.
How do you love me when you know the tendencies of my heart,
To leave everything worth anything?
How do you love me when I care about a few minutes of pleasure
more than spitting in the face of my King?
How can you love me?!

Because you do not Love like humans love.
You Love your enemies more than I can love those I'm closest to.
Your love is more than fathomable.
Your love is not what I'm used to.
Your love will change the world.
Your love will change my world.

No comments: